Gale Pearson is a Senior Partner with the law firm of Pearson, Randall & Schumacher, P.A., a national litigation practice focusing on medical device and pharmaceutical litigation.
She has represented thousands of plaintiffs against the pharmaceutical and medical device industry, against environmental polluters, and against fraudulent corporate practices. She has served on science committees for several MDL litigations.
She was lead counsel in a Minnesota Consumer Fraud class action against the manufacturers of several large tobacco companies, including a Certified Class Action against Phillip Morris, Co. and its parent company. In 2006, she was appointed as Plaintiff’s liaison counsel in the Minnesota State Guidant Cases, and was asked by colleagues to serve as Plaintiff’s liaison counsel in Minnesota State Medtronic Cases.
In August of 2003, Ms. Pearson was recognized by the United States Supreme Court Justice Breyer for “Outstanding Pro-Bono Service” in representing victims in the September 11th Compensation Fund. She was recognized by the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association as an “Outstanding Trial Lawyer.” Ms. Pearson was interviewed and appeared in a 2005 Article by Forbes recognizing America’s Top Attorneys. She has received a Certificate of Appreciation by the Consumer Attorneys of California for “Valuable Contributions in the Field for Continuing Legal Education and the Improvement of the Administration of Justice.” In 2006, She participated in “We the Jury Project” sponsored by the Hennepin County Bar Association, bringing the importance of the jury systems to local high schools. She frequently travels throughout the country as an invited speaker on scientific issues related to pharmaceutical products and complex interstate civil procedure challenges. Ms. Pearson is a Nationally Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist and was previously a Certified Real Property Appraiser.
Gale D. Pearson graduated in 1984 with honors at California State University Northridge with a degree in Laboratory Medicine, Physics and Chemistry. She worked as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Los Angeles, California until 1991, when she entered Loyola Law School.
Attorney Gale D Pearson Named To Million Dollar Advocates Forum
The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- United States Supreme Court, October 15, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, March 18, 1996
- Illinois District Court, Pro Hoc Vice, Fall 1995
- United States District Court, Minnesota, February, 23, 1995
- Minnesota Supreme Court, May 13, 1994
- Loyola Law School, J.D. (1993)
- California State University-Northridge, B.S., Laboratory Medicine, Physics & Chemistry, With Honors (1984)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Governors Member, Minnesota Association of Justice
- Minnesota State Delegate, American Association of Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Women Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, City of Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Advisory Board Member, Employment Action Center
- Speakers Bureau, We the Jury Project, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Volunteer, Minnesota Department of Human Rights
- Moot Court Tournament Judge, Hamline University
- Moot Court Attorney Coach, Mound High School
- Teacher, Religious Education
- Member, Parent Teacher Association
- Leader, Art Adventure Program, Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Leader, Junior Great Books Reading Program
- Violence in the Workplace-Employer’s Liability, Women’s Violence in the Work Place Symposium
- Silicone Breast implants-the Science and the Law, Women against Silicone Poisoning Seminar
- Evidentiary Issues of Fen-Phen Induced Valvular Heart Disease, Chicago, Illinois, ATLA Summer Seminar
- Statute of Limitations-A Minnesota Exception, New Orleans, Louisiana; ATLA mid-winter Seminar
- Epidemiology and Daubert, Alexandria, Minnesota, Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association, Summer Convention
- Ethics and Elimination of Bias, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Officer Removal Statute, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association
- Whom to Sue and where in PPA Litigation, Phoenix, Arizona, ATLA Summer Seminar
- Should You Take a Tobacco Case?, Alexandria, Minnesota
- Can your Propulsid Case Survive a Daubert Challenge, New Orleans, Louisiana, Mealey’s Propulsid Seminar
- Driving a Truck through the Defendant’s Claim of Safety and Efficacy in Clinical Trials, Seattle, Washington
- Evidentiary Issues of Valvular Heart Disease, ATLA, Mealey’s
- In the Minds of the Defendant: Defending a Daubert Challenge, Mealey’s
- Establishing Damages in a Drug Case, Mealey’s
- Can this Statute of Limitations be Saved, California Forum Trial Magazine, November 2001
- Driving a Truck through the Defendant’s Claim of Safety and Efficacy in Clinical Trials, ATLA, July 2006
- Bias in Clinical Trials, Trial Magazine, 2007